10 Eylül 2015 Perşembe

Move Your Blog From Blogger To Wordpress Without Losing Traffic And SEO

From a very long time I was thinking of moving my blog from blogger to wordpress. Atlast I did it. And guess what I did it without losing a single posts or comments from my old blogger blog. I merge all my posts and comments from blogger blog to my new wordpress blog. And thats not all, even all links of all my blog posts remained same as they were in my blogger blog. So there was no harm to my blog traffic and SEO. I cant imagine that I did this very smoothly without facing any kind of problem.

So I am sharing the complete procedure that I employed to migrate my blog from blogger to wordpress. I guess you are using blogger's blog hosted under a custom domain (like yourdomain.com).

1)  Login to your blogger account and go to blogger settings and stop redirecting your blogger blog to custom domain.

2)  Now go to your domain registrar account and Set your DNS entries to point to your hosting account.

3)  Install wordpress in your web host.

4)  In WordPress Dashboard, go to Settings >> Permalinks and then select Custom Structure option. Paste the following value

/%year%/%monthnum%/%postname%.html

5)  Go to Tools -> Import options and select Blogger options.


6)  A pop-up box of blogger installer will appear, click on Install Now button.
   Click on Activate Plugin & Run Importer. Click on Authorize.

7)  Click on Grant Access and you may be prompted to login to your google account if you’re not already signed in.

8)  Click on the import button next to the blog that you want to import into WordPress.

9)  Now refresh your wordpress blog and you can see all your posts from your blogger in your wordpress blog.

10)  Your wordpress links may look a bit longer than your original blogger permalinks.

For Example:
Blogger permalink:

http://www.pctipsandtricks4u.com/2012/06/how-to-download-youtube-videos-without.html

Wordpress permalink:

http://www.pctipsandtricks4u.com/2012/06/how-to-download-youtube-videos-without-any-software.html

To solve this problem follow the instruction given below:

Copy the code given below to a notepad and save it as fixlinks.php
require_once('wp-load.php');
$res = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT post_id, meta_value FROM $wpdb->postmeta WHERE meta_key = 'blogger_permalink'");
$wpdb->print_error();
foreach ($res as $row){$slug = explode("/",$row->meta_value);
$slug = explode(".",$slug[3]);
$wpdb->query("UPDATE $wpdb->posts SET post_name ='" . $slug[0] . "' WHERE ID = $row->post_id");
$wpdb->print_error();
}
echo "DONE";
?>
11)  Now upload this to your public_html or the folder in which your wordpress blog is installed.

Run the script by opening the link: http://your-blog.com/fixlinks.php on your browser.  You would see DONE written on your computer screen. That’s all, the permalinks are now fixed.

Search your blog posts on google and click to verify if everything is working fine. Now you can completely delete your blogger blog.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder